25 SPIRITUAL LESSONS
There are many lessons we can learn during the course of our lives that can help us overcome our problems and live in contentment.
In this post I would like to share some of the greatest such lessons I have learned. For this reason I have compiled a list of 25 spiritual lessons that I find of utmost importance. Everyone should try to understand them and always keep them in mind.
- 1. Never let anyone’s behavior tell you what to do. You are a free being and responsible for your actions.
- 2. We are all connected. If you help another being, you are helping yourself. If you hurt another being, you are bound to hurt yourself.
- 3. Don’t be afraid of painful experiences. Pain is neither good nor bad in itself, but we can deal with it in good and bad ways.
- 4. When you drop all desires and expectations about how people should be, you will never feel deceived or hurt again.
- 5. All fears ultimately come down to the fear of death. Unless you become familiar with the idea of death, you will never be able to truly live care-free.
- 6. You cannot know more about another person than you can know about yourself. And the more you get to know yourself, the better you will understand others.
- 7. True love can never be hurt, because it gives without asking anything in return. So even if love is unseen or rejected by those at whom it is directed, it keeps on being what it is.
- 8. Pleasure and pain are two aspects of the same coin. You can never have one without the other.
- 9. By treating the symptom, you won’t cure the disease. Instead, try to get rid of the root-cause.
- 10. There is no God higher than Truth.
- 11. Don’t focus you attention on what people say or do. Rather, seek to find out their motive for speaking and acting the way they do (this also applies to yourself).
- 12. Speak the truth, no matter what the consequences. Being honest is the only way to be at peace with yourself and others.
- 13. Possessions can possess you. Let go of your attachments to your belongings.
- 14. We all come to this world alone and leave this world alone. Don’t be afraid to be experience aloneness, because only in this way will you be able to confront yourself as you truly are.
- 15. Never submit yourself to any relationship. True friendship can flower only under the sun of mutual respect.